MARKETING, WRITING, EDITING EXPERTISE
Creative Development • Writing & Editing • Branding • Sales Collateral • Advertising: Print/Online/Mobile
Campaign Concepts/Implementation • Website Creation/Content/Social Media • Agency/Vendor Management
B2B/B2C Sales & Business Strategy • Research • Metrics/ROI • Project Management
Public Relations • Email Marketing • Event Management • Customer/Employee Promotions • Training
Consultant, MARKETING CONCEPTS & COMMUNICATIONS Los Angeles, CA 2008-present
Analyze market. Create targeted business and marketing strategy, brand messaging, marketing plan. Act as creative director and copy writer from concept through production; implement integrated communications across media in various vehicles with consistent brand messaging designed to increase awareness and drive revenue.
Makucell, CPG skin care start-up and Renewnt brand launch. Translated molecular biology product differentiation into consumer language, created and executed public relations initiative, wrote press releases, built new website including copy writing, navigation, design, content and e-commerce functionality.
Symphony Asset Management, $16B hedge fund. Developed consistent positioning and message points. Wrote concise, targeted RFP answers, due diligence questionnaires, management bios, pitch presentations and boilerplate language.
Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles. Created and launched limited edition 100th Anniversary commemorative line of apparel; more than $125,000 in wholesale sales to Girl Scouts.
Eldergadget, consumer technology website for seniors. Researched market, wrote comprehensive business plan and Mothers' Day press release distributed over BusinessWire.
Schechter Institute for Jewish Studies, Israel. Created marketing plan, wrote press release and collateral materials for video conference study series. Acted as on-site event manager.
Marketing Manager, TYFONE, INC. Los Angeles, CA. HQ Portland, OR and Bangalore, India 2007-08
Global mobile financial services venture start-up with patented security and Near Field Communications technology. Tyfone created a highly secure, bank branded mobile banking and contactless payments hardware and software platform.
• Developed marketing strategy; built and implemented marketing/public relations plan.
• Created brand messages. Developed and implemented brand initiative with Bangalore agency.
• Wrote and produced sales collateral and online press kit, translating highly technical information to accessible
language for banker target audience.
• Identified, initiated and managed presence at industry trade shows and events.
• Outreach to journalists and technology analysts resulting in media and analyst coverage.
• Wrote and placed by-lined articles for CEO published in American Banker, Community Banker and
Credit Union TechTalk
• Built brand awareness resulting in substantially increased website traffic.
• Wrote 8 press releases distributed globally over BusinessWire.
Vice President and Manager of Creative Services, B2B Marketing, INDYMAC BANK Pasadena, CA 2003-06
Drove brand development, new positioning and marketing strategy. Directed market research projects and customer focus groups. Responsible for new logo implementation and ongoing marketing campaigns. Managed advertising and PR agencies and multiple vendor relationships. Wrote marketing module and trained all incoming sales officers. Led in-house agency team of 7 who produced all sales collateral, promotions, advertising, emails, monthly newsletters, PR, and content for English and Spanish websites, supporting 800 sales officers, nationwide.
• Tripled loan production from $29 billion to $90 billion to quadruple market share in 3 years
• Produced monthly metrics and ROI for senior management. $3 million budget.
• Exceeded senior management annual sales goals within budget every year.
• Saved 15% placing media directly, saving $135,000 annually.
• Built new e-commerce website with more than 120 SKUs to optimize order quantities for cost savings.
• Launched profitable B2B Spanish website with online Indymac B2B materials and private label mortgage
materials for brokers to market directly to consumers.
• Wrote, reviewed, edited and delivered new sales collateral and promo items: 4 image pieces, 26 trifold
brochures, 22 flyers in 14 weeks.
• Propelled Correspondent Services to #2 in brand awareness proven by pre- and post-campaign research.
• Wrote and introduced Home Construction Lending B2B print ads. Produced 2,000 sales leads in 6 months.
• Multiple marketing initiatives added 175 wholesale customers per month; 51% increase in leads.
Consultant, MARKETING CONCEPTS & COMMUNICATIONS Los Angeles, CA 1998-2003
Jewish Federation of the San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys. Created new brand positioning, logo, tagline, stationery system, and graphic standards to enhance image. Wrote website content. Devised subbrand and campaign for Camp Gan Shalom. Wrote and art directed advertisement and brochure.
• Increased brand awareness and substantially expanded donor base
• Doubled Camp Gan Shalom enrollment in 1 year
Bancmetrics/TPG Software. Developed and implemented marketing for successful launch of Internet-based bond securities analytic start-up.
Transamerica Asset Management 401(k) and Retirement Services (one-year contract). Managed multiple marketing and public relations initiatives to support national sales network. Directed PR agency. Devised and implemented Plan Maximizer product sales kit. Created and rolled-out national awards program.
DresdnerRCM Global Investors (three-year contract). Wrote and managed production for quarterly economic and investment performance sheets for 15 funds sent to all private and institutional clients.
Vice President and Manager, Trust and Private Financial Services Marketing
UNION BANK OF CALIFORNIA Los Angeles, CA 1996-98
Oversight of division’s marketing communications for 401(k) and personal trust, retail and institutional investments, mutual funds and private banking. Managed agency creative development, production, and implementation. Led cross-functional initiatives to optimize assets and leverage resources across the bank.
• Increased Asset Accounts by $1.5 million in 6 weeks with direct mail to retail high net worth customers.
• Created and directed Portfolio Connection product campaign; 3% response, exceeding benchmark.
• Produced 50 pieces of sales collateral to launch new bank’s logo, brand, and high-touch strategy.
Vice President, Trust & Private Client Services Marketing
FIRST INTERSTATE BANK / WELLS FARGO BANK, Los Angeles, CA 1990-96
Directed marketing communications including merger newsletters, investment reports, sales collateral, promotions, advertising and events. Promoted 3 times in 6 years, from Bank Officer to Vice President.
• Developed customer materials and advertising campaigns for Mergers & Acquisitions Task Force resulting in
client run-off below 4%, far exceeding industry standards.
• Standardized advertising procedures companywide, reducing production cost by 30% per ad.
• Conceived and managed internal enterprise wide Personal Trust referral programs generating 2,000 new
accounts in 3 years and $17.5 million annual fee revenue.
• On-site event manager statewide for 20 Personal Trust and Investment seminars for prospects.
DON BOSCO TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (STEM HIGH SCHOOL) Parent Board (2010-2012)
SCHECHTER INSTITUTES OF JEWISH STUDIES, ISRAEL LA Outreach Committee (2008-2010)
CONGREGATION SHAAREI TORAH Board of Trustees, Vice President Marketing & Membership (2001-2004)
JEWISH FEDERATION Board of Governors (1999-2003)
BA,magna cum laude, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
MBA, Cornell University, Johnson Graduate School of Management, Ithaca, New York
marketing concepts & communications